Summary of Developments as of January 28.
- TranBC reports that the provincial state of emergency, declared on November 17, 2021 has been extended to January 18, 2022
- Check the “DriveBC” link for the latest on road status.
- Highway 5, Coquihalla Highway opened last week, with some one-lane sections
- New Highway 1 opened completely on Monday, January 24, with some one-lane sections
- Road closure on Highway 8, Merritt to Spences Bridge, remains in effect
- No rail disruptions are reported
BC Government Update on Roads Jan. 26
Current Road advisories can be found at the following link.
FMA will continue to monitor the sources of information on the disruptions and report as required.