CUPE Local 375 Issued a General Strike Notice this morning, April 23.
The 72-hour notice means that a general strike will start at 0700 hours, Monday, April 26.
As required by law, the longshore workers will continue to service the grain terminal and the service to the island of Newfoundland. The French language union notice can be found at the fourth link below.
FMA has held meetings with Transport Canada officials on this dispute over the past few days and these will continue.
It is now urgent that member companies reach out to the Prime Minister, the Labour Minister, other Cabinet Ministers, and to MPs in ridings where their facilities are located.
Please feel free to use any wording from the FMA letters that can be found by clicking on the links bellow.
Here are the email addresses of the Labour Minister and other suggested Cabinet Ministers.
- Hon. Filomena Tassi, Minister of Labour: email@example.com
- Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Oliver Duchesne, PM staff member: email@example.com;
- Hon. Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Natural Resources:
- Hon. Omar Alghabra, Minister of Transport: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Hon. Francois-Phillipe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry:
- Hon. Marc Garneau, Minister of Foreign Affairs: email@example.com