The Maritime Employers Association (MEA) reports that the union will be holding a news conference today at 1:00 p.m. EDT. It is likely that the discussion will be primarily in French.
MEA expects that the news conference will be able to be accessed through the CUPE Facebook page.
The main CUPE Facebook link is at https://www.facebook.com/cupescfp
FMA continues to recommend that member companies reach out to the Labour Minister, other Cabinet Ministers, and to MPs in ridings where their facilities are located.
Please feel free to use any wording from the FMA letter that can be found by clicking on the red bar bellow.
Here are the email addresses of the Labour Minister and other suggested Cabinet Ministers.
- Hon. Filomena Tassi, Minister of Labour: email@example.com
- Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Oliver Duchesne, PM staff member: email@example.com;
- Hon. Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Natural Resources:
- Hon. Omar Alghabra, Minister of Transport: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Hon. Francois-Phillipe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry:
- Hon. Marc Garneau, Minister of Foreign Affairs: email@example.com